This project is the first time I have 'frankenpatterned' something and know what, it was fun!
You can see in the above photo which two patterns I morphed. Maybe it wasn't that big of a stretch to put these two together but I did it anyway!
One thing I find a bit odd about some of the infant patterns is that the buttons or zippers on located on the child's back. With the back to sleep campaign that has been going on for years, who wants to lay their child down on a back full of buttons or a zipper? Not me! So the photo above is the 'new' back. I redrew the back and front neckline so this would button up the front.
I also attached panties to the waist area of the dress. If you've held a wiggly little one, their dresses or shirts can creep up and no one wants that so I attached the panties from the pattern on the left to the dress on the right.
Elaina isn't quite big enough for this but I made it anyway out of this beautiful Stof cotton fabric. This just sewed like a dream! I can't wait to see her in it! I just wish she didn't live so far from grandma!
I plan on sharing more infant and toddler creations I've made this summer for the grandkiddos. They are so much fun to sew for!
Thanks for reading!