I finally made myself a duster. I've wanted one forever and I finally took the plunge!
I used this ribbed knit from Joann's. It worked well and the quality is okay.
What I didn't want was a bathrobe-look and I believe I achieved it.
I like that little gathering in the back that is created from an elastic casing sewn to the inside.
It gives the garment a bit of shape in the back.
Here you can see the insides. The facing is sewn to the front and back with a top-stitch. I used SewkeyesE hem tape to secure the facing before cover-stitching. I also cover-stitched the hems.
My only alterations to the pattern were my usual sloping shoulder and swayback adjustment. With the way this fit, I didn't think an FBA was necessary.
Here is a pic of the pattern.
I made view E. I wish I had just a smidgen more fabric and I would have made view D.
This is a quick to put together project. Stabilize your shoulders and your facings and you'll end up with a great result!
Thanks for reading!