About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A self-drafted tunic

There is so much unselfish sewing going on here that I am the one feeling left out!



DD2 is really into tunics and leggings.  Like mother, like daughter, right?


She has some pretty colorful leggings and she wanted a solid, oversized tunic to wear with them.  This shape and style fit the bill.


If we make another, which we will, she doesn't want the shoulders to extend so much past where the shoulder seam would normally lie.


 I love this on her. We used a poly-lycra knit that's been in my stash for a while.  She's worn it multiple times and received many compliments on it.  I love sewing for myself and others when they LOVE the clothes I've made!

Thanks for reading and have you've ever drafted a pattern from another pattern, a garment, or scratch?  Do tell!
Sue



1 comment: