About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Jean jackets for little people!

Have you sewn a jean jacket for little ones?  I had to make this.  I had enough left over red denim from the jacket I made for myself and so next up was this little project.  Kwik Sew 3113.


Kwik Sew Toddlers Jacket & Pants 3113

With Kwik Sew directions, of course they are awesome!  Especially with an older pattern such as this.  And the details!  Can you see all of them? 


Two-piece sleeves, cuffs, three piece front with in-seam front pockets, front flaps, and lower hem band.


Lots of top-stitching make this such a fun project!  


I had so much fun making this!  I added some embroidery from Anita Goodesign and the embroidery collection is Como Se Llama.  

 

How fun is it?  That silly-looking Llama on the back!


I just love the details of this, oh wait a minute!  I already said that!


 This little jacket size T1, is for a little gal due around the middle of March.  DD1 doesn't want anything too girly or frilly, so this is my attempt to make some fun little garments for her.



Here is a parting shot of the Llama.  She's pretty BA.  

I hope you'll try this pattern.  It is a classic and loads of fun!

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It does look like a fun project. I'd wear this myself :-) Glad you had fun, it's a great result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable - and crazy nice embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! I am excited to see my daughter's reaction!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for posting about this beautiful jacket! I've been wanting a jean jacket pattern for the grand babies for awhile so it was great to see a pattern actually existed. I found one on eBay and I've bought it so thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! I love it when I hear someone purchases a pattern that I've created! I hope you love making it as much as I did!

      Delete
  4. Very nice! I am dismayed by the lack of variety in children's and men's patterns today. I think we better take good care of the vintage patterns in case the big 4 never bring them back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara and I agree--what's happened to the classics for men and children? I can hardly find a pattern for a pair of jeans for a young boy!

      Delete