About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, December 19, 2016

Need a waist? Try McCall's 7430

I don't know about you, but the older I get the harder I have to work at eating right, exercising, and such in order to have a waistline.  This time of year is super difficult since everyone I know makes wonderful little yum-yums!  If I don't start on them, I am ok, but if I take one, well the day is blown.  I simply can't resist.

Image result for images McCall's 7430
So, off to try McCall's 7430 which gives you the illusion of a well defined waist!

Image result for images McCall's 7430

Look at those lines!

This is a close-fitting dress that you want a hefty knit for. The black is a beefy ponte I purchased a ton of when Hancock's went out of business last summer and the black/white is a fun textured knit I purchased from Fabric Mart.  I love both of them!


You really want to get a good fit throughout for this to skim the body instead of feeling like a sausage in a casing.  I prefer not to look like, or feel like I am a sausage.  


I made my usual swayback adjustment, FBA, and sloping shoulder adjustment.


I tried this on before hemming the sleeves.  I let them out a bit as I thought they were very slightly short.



Isn't the contrast fun?  It was easy to sew, line up your seam lines, and seems to be well drafted.


I love this dress!  

Sue 


9 comments:

  1. It isn't just the waist, it's the poochy tummy too. Sometimes those straight up and down dresses really accentuate that.

    But this dress looks great on you! Wonderful combination of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very flattering dress and I really like it. Great fit and choice of fabrics.
    I'm with you on the treats - if I don't start I am fine, but once I try one it's hard to stop. It is a tough time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very flattering dress. I really like the fabrics together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love your dress! I recently purchased this during Club BMV Very flattering and I need a dress that gives essence of waist line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab dress, love the contrast and style lines, you look great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dress. It looks great on your, and the fit is perfect. Now I want that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress, fabric and fit Sue! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is beautiful...You look like a million bucks! I love the style, color blocking, and the fit. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete