About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, April 22, 2019

Kielo Wrap Dress by Named

Ever feel like you are one of the last people to create a pattern?  I am typically late to the party, but I do eventually arrive.  Here's the uber popular dress I am referring to:



Here's the description from the website:
  • Very simple maxi dress with an interesting shape
  • Sleeveless design, you can download a free sleeve add-on for the dress here!
  • Wrap tie closure at the waist
  • Slim skirt and a vent at the back
  • Choose a light and drapey fabric with approximately 20 – 60% stretch. For example jersey or stretch chiffon. The sample is made up in a silk chiffon with some elastan (Eurokangas).
I totally agree with this description.  Very simple with a totally interesting shape.  You don't feel sack like in this at all.  

Here's my version: 


Sorry about the indoor photos.  The day I took these, we were having a raging blizzard.  It was technically spring, but school ended up being called off for yet another day. Blah.


Here's what the dress looks like upwrapped.  


This dress is so light and comfortable to wear.  


I RARELY shorten anything.  This dress was shortened by about 2 inches.  For reference, I am 5'7".  


This fabric is a designer jersey knit by Halston from Fabric Mart's site.  This was so wonderful to work with.  This is a 'go-to' color for me.  It will work with so many jackets and sweaters I have.  


I do love this.


You need a super drapey knit for this to look right.  Anything that doesn't drape will throw off the look of the front.


I made my usual alterations for lengthening between the shoulder and apex, and bust curve. 


Here you can see the shaping the back darts give and that cute walking slit.

I can't wait to wear this dress!

Thanks for reading!
Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment