About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, April 14, 2019

A Dress for spring! McCall's 7381

Mustard has to be my new favorite color to sew with.  Coral will always, always be my most favorite color ever but Mustard ranks up there very high!  



I used McCall's 7381 for this dress.  I love this pattern.    Image result for images mccalls 7381

I previously made view A only maxi length with short sleeves.  So I guess it really isn't view A at all, but I think you get my drift.


This time, I made a straight view B.  This dress is really low cut and I decided to embrace it and knew this navy cami I have would work great and it does.  One of the benefits of clothes hoarding is that you might eventually need that one thing you keep in your stash.  Right? 


This fabric is by Telio.  I so love Telio.  It washes well, dries well, sews well, everything well.  This is a rayon and it feels like silk on your skin.  Plus, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, bonus!


I made covered buttons for the bodice.  I carefully chose what parts of the flowers I wanted to use on my buttons.  I love them!  


Also, I didn't line the bodice.  I chose to make bias bands to finish the edges.  I love the feel and look of the bodice.  


There are pleats at the front waistline as well as the shoulders.  You can also see the sleeve cuffs here.  Typically sleeves fit me really well or are slightly too short.  With this pattern, I had to shorten the sleeves by more than an inch.  I still feel like they may be slightly too long, but I will wear it a few times before deciding.


Here's a peek at my hem.  I fold the seam in twice to the inside, press well and topstitch close to the edge.  I like to see how precise can get it.


Here's a close up of the back elastic waist.  


Here's a back of the dress so you can see the elastic waist.  It slightly blouses which is cute.  

Thanks for reading!
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sue! Love the colour on you too...that fabric is so lovely and takes those pleats so crisp. Perfect dress to celebrate spring in our north (finally!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress! Love the color and all the care that went into it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue it's gorgeous and SO WELL SEWN!!!! I love all of these details - that bias binding is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this pattern and can't wait to make it now! Beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete