About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Daisy Designer Tunic by Style Arc

Here's a pattern I've had for literally years but didn't sew until today.  Why?  No idea.  

Image result for images Daisy Designer tunic

Now, having put this together, I wish I'd taken the plunge so much sooner.  

This goes together fast and easy.  It's better than an ordinary tunic that's just a straight hem at the bottom.  It has this fun double hem that's faced on both the upper and lower deck. 


I of course didn't plan well enough and find out too late that I didn't have enough fabric for the sleeves.  And, since God has a sense of humor, it snowed yesterday so sleeveless didn't make a lot of sense based on the current weather pattern. 


I did however have some fun lace fabric that matches really well so short lace sleeves it is.

I supposed if I change my mind I can always make this sleeveless. 


The drafting on this pattern is typical for SA: stellar!

Directions are a bit cryptic but if you study the diagram and follow the letters to match where the lower hem and hem bands attach, you won't have any issues.  This is listed as a medium difficulty pattern but in all honesty it's easy.


I will be making more of these.  I have some lovely Telio rayon floral blends that are just screaming to be made into this fun tunic.  It's almost long enough to be a dress!  Double duty, love it!



Thanks for reading!
Sue










2 comments:

  1. What a great make. I love tunics and have made quite a few, but this is the first I've seen with a double hem. It looks awesome, and has given me food for thought. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment!

      Delete