About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Thursday, July 25, 2019

SA's Peggy Woven Dress

Here are photos from my July Fabric Mart's post on the Peggy Woven Dress.  When I purchased the border print, I was so excited to use it for a dress but the question is which pattern should I use?   This is a linen blend, in case you are wondering.


After stewing about it for a while, I decided on this pattern by StyleArc:  
 Image result for images Peggy Woven Dress

This pattern is rated as 'Medium' or 'Challenging' and I'd agree.  Getting that button back placket correct takes some work.



As you can tell, I had some fun with the border print. 


I really like the patch pockets.  They are roomy but not floppy.  


The back is my favorite part.  You can see where I used part of the border for the button band and pink buttons!


I also like there is no gaping at the armscye.


I also like how this fits at the neckline.


Here's closer look at the button band.  If you don't get that nice and square shape at the bottom, then this would probably look a bit sloppy.


Here's a few more shots.


This was a fun make.
Thanks for reading!
Sue




1 comment: