About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, July 8, 2019

Another Olive...

Yep, I made another.  I am trying to do some reorganizing as I my hubby is creating a more light-filled sewing space for me in another room in my home.  This will be a good thing.  There's a spacious closet and the presence of more light is so appealing to me.  

That, however leaves me with a lot to go through to make sure I truly want/need it or do I use it now and get it out of the way.  Some of the remnants are so precious to me that I am trying to use them now so they don't get lost, misplaced, or accidently tossed.  

Today, I made another SA Olive Spliced tee.  I really love how this pattern fits me.  

Image result for images style arc olive spliced top

I am such a sucker for a woven tee.  This can be made from either a knit or a woven.  Patterns that do double duty have a special place in my heart!  


I just adore the navy viole print.  I made a skirt and top from it and when I've worn it, people have stopped me to ask about my outfit. That always makes a sewer happy!


This pattern fits me really well and I can totally see making more in the future, especially with long sleeves for fall.


I was also pleased I had enough to make a bias band for the neckline as I think it is the perfect finishing touch.  This navy print was originally purchased on a trip to see my daughter in Baton Rouge.  The store name is My Sewing Shoppe.


The tealish solid is from my stash.  While this isn't a remnant, the color is perfect.  I can see making a cute little kimono out of it for a light layer this summer.


Closer up of the neckband!

Thanks for reading!
Sue

4 comments:

  1. That is a great top on you! And what a clever idea to make a kimono from the pattern! I have to try wovens for tees, seems mine are all knits. I loved the bias band at the neckline also. Totally a couture finishing treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried making the Olive top this weekend and found my size (12) to be HUGE!! Your Olive seems to be just the right fit. What size did you make, was it based on your measurements or did you have to adjust?

    ReplyDelete