About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Friday, July 12, 2019

Saltbox woven top version 1

This summer all I seem to want to sew are woven tees!  When I came across this cute little pattern on Indie Sews, I knew I had to have it.  This is the Saltbox Tee/Tank by Blueprints.  It has a difficulty level of 1 out of 4 and aI agree.  








Related image

This is very simply described as a tee or tank with asymmetrical pieced bodice and side vents at the hem.  It calls for medium weight fabrics such as quilting cotton, chambray, linen blends, rayon challis or light weight fabrics such as viole, lawn, double gauze, crepe de chine or charmeuse.  


I used two fabrics from my stash.  I am so enjoying stash busting these days as I am finding TREASURES!  


The yellow floral is a remnant from a previous dress.  The manufacturer is Telio and this rayon feels like silk on your skin.  The white is simply a cotton shirting I picked up when Hancock's was going out of business (insert hysterical crying here over loosing Hancocks!)


This goes together quickly and easily.  To choose your size, you'll need to check out the finished measurement chart included with the PDF and do some flat pattern measurements.  I feel like this is roomy and comfortable without being overly sized.  This fits me well through the shoulders.  I went down a size after doing some measurements and am glad I did.  


I can see more of these in my summer.  I especially want to make this cute sleeveless version with a chiffon or lace inset.  How cute would that be?

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment