About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Cashmerette Webster top




Today for you I have another top!  This time, I made the pattern shown below: 

Webster Cashmerette Sewing Pattern

Last summer, I made another one of Jenny's patterns and so love it!  In fact, I loved it so much, I purchased this pattern shortly afterwards.

Here's the first make from this designer: 
Image result for images Cashmerette webster

And, here's my dress!

Image result for images Cashmerette upton

I felt like the dress above fit perfectly.  I made the exact same size for the top I am about to show you and while I love my fabric, I'm just not sure about the fit.


See what I mean about the fabric?  I love it! 


The highlight of course is the back.  That's such a fun detail.


Couple of things that are great about this pattern--
No gaping at the armscyes.
The front is low, but not too low.
The length is great!


I love this with my RTW yellow pants.




The curved, longer back hem is nice as well. 


A fast sew.  I am just not entirely sold on the fit.  It's roomy, but maybe I am being too picky.
Thanks for reading!
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been sewing up a storm, Sue. What a cute top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been sewing quite a bit! I am enjoying it a lot!

      Delete
  2. I arrived at your blog through PR, and decided to look around! I love the fabric you used on this top, and the pattern is cute. However, I agree with you that it is too big. Frankly, I believe it would fit you very nicely, if the only thing you did was to take in the center back seam enough to accommodate the crisscross straps, which are causing the it to stick out. Otherwise, the top looks really, really cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Ann! Thanks for the helpful advice!

      Delete