About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Polka-dots for summer! McCall's 7242

I love dresses, summer, and polka-dots!  How fun is this dress?



This dress was made for my June Fabric Mart post.  I immediately fell in love with the cotton sateen and knew exactly what I was going to make from it.  That hardly ever happens!  Typically I hem and haw over what pattern to use but I've had this McCall's pattern on my sights for a while and when this fabric was online, I knew it would be perfect for what I had in mind.
  

I love how this dress fits.  I only made an FBA after I tissue-fitted the front bodice.  However, this dress was LONG!  I am 5'7" and I chopped at least 2 inches off the bottom.  The skirt is that long!


How adorable is this pattern?  It is designed as a loose-fitting dress with a mandarin collar, hem and sleeve variations, and an elasticized waist.  It also has a back that is pleated onto a self-lined yoke.  


If I was 20 years younger, I would have left this longer and worn higher heals with it.  


This fabric washed and dried like a dream.  It required very little pressing straight from the dryer.  Don't you just love that?


This dress was super simple to put together.  The pattern is well-drafted and I am positive I'll use it again.  


So little gapsosis at the armscye.  What a win!  I really love this dress!  
Thanks for reading!
Sue 

1 comment: