About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Bondi Woven top

Do you yearn for a woven tee like I do?  There are some out there but I haven't been enchanted with a pattern prior to this point.  Here is my latest crush:
Image result for images Bondi top
This pattern is perfect if you are new to sewing garments.  This is super forgiving fit wise, and it will  use a quilting cotton, perfect for if you are a quilter or have a stash of relatively smaller pieces of fabric you really want to create something wearable out of. 


I purchased this fabric for a dress and then had some left over.  I thought this top would use it up well and guess what, I was right! 



Instructions are really good for this.  They practically hold your hand as you sew this together.  So if this is a new venture for you, you can easily pick this up and create a relaxed fit top. 


Just to have some fun, I ice-dyed this fabric using blue, silver, and magenta.  It's very subtle, and I simply love it.  I also used a hemstitching needle at the neckline to give it just a little pizzazz.


I highly recommend this pattern if you are new to sewing, if you love the idea of a woven tee, or if you have lots of fabric pieces that aren't enough to create an entire garment from but you want to do something with. 

I hope you are all enjoying your summer!
Sue





3 comments:

  1. I love little woven tops like this; very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! Super simple and fast sew too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your Bondi so much I promptly went to the site and ordered the pattern :) You're absolutely right that there isn't a lot of woven Tee patterns that include a back yoke :) Love it on you!

    ReplyDelete