About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, June 23, 2018

April Rhodes Staple dress

Hello all!  Are you enjoying summer?  I needed a few fast sews that I knew would have great results and this dress didn't disappoint.  Here is the pattern:

Image result for images April Rhodes Staple Dress

Super simple and very cute, right? 

This is an easy fit dress and that shirring at the waist is very cute.  If only my machine could have handled that elastic thread <insert grrrr... here!> 


This was a kit I purchased from Fabric Mart.  It had the pattern and fabric included.  The fabric, btw, stated April Rhodes design....hmmm....seems like a perfect match!



As I said before, the elastic thread in my bobin case didn't work.  I also tried zigzagging over the thread but hated how it looked on the dress front and back.  I carefully removed it all and just belted this and am very happy with the 'look' and fit.


This is an easy-peasy dress that's a fast sew, seems well drafted and is a blank canvas to let your imagination run wild.  I can totally see making this again and again given the right fabrics and the right inspiration.

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

1 comment: