About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Dress drama! Vogue 9268



Once again, my stash is getting a bit out of hand.   I wanted a few sews that would use an entire piece of fabric I have instead of most or two-thirds of it.  This dress came to mind. 
Image result for images vogue 9268

I simply love the drama of this skirt and the neckline.  I simply had to make it. 

A dress, with this type of skirt, just make you want to twirl!


It was a bit breezy out and keeping everything in check was a bit difficult.  


I don't think my fabric has quite as much structure as the designer.  You can see on the pattern envelope how her skirt hangs at the sides.  Mine is much softer.


But I still love it.  I made just a few minor alterations. One was a swayback and the other was to add a band at the neckline.  Oh and I almost forgot that I eliminated the front and back center seams.  I think that by doing this and adding the neckband, it made the neckline higher.  Just to compare, look at the envelope, the neckline is much lower.  


This is just a luscious knit I purchased from a somewhat recent trip to Baton Rouge.  I had 3.5 yards of it, the perfect amount for this dress.  I have a wee little scrap of it left that I really need to donate.  Someone will hopefully snatch it up and make something super creative out of it with some additional fabrics.


Look how awesomely full that skirt is!  I love my new dress!  
Sue 


5 comments:

  1. Love everything about this dress Sue, the fabric, the drape the colours, the movement. Definitely a hit with me. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! I love this too and as a bonus, it is comfortable!

      Delete
  2. I love it too! It's a beautiful fit and with that swishy skirt is absolutely gorgeous in that fabric. This will be one of those dresses you wear to threads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope to wear this to threads! Thanks Kathleen!

      Delete