About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Butterick vintage top: Sewn feature!

I had one of the biggest sewing honors of my life, and that was to be asked to make a garment for Sewn magazine.  I was so elated!  Michelle, the editor and founder of the magazine, asked me to make this pattern by Gertie.  

How cute is this little top?

This is Butterick 6563.  I was asked to make View C and I happily obliged.

This was an easy sew and I wanted to use something from my stash that I loved.  I chose this quilting cotton in a ditzy print.  I so love orange for summer!


I will say however that there was still snow on the ground when my hubby snapped these photos!


Michelle wanted a vintage look so I pulled my hair back, put on a scarf, my 'pearls' and my Keds.


This was a fun and fast garment to sew.  The pattern is well-drafted and I like the fit.  Mine isn't as snug as Gertie's but then again, she is much younger than I am!




If you look at the far right of the photo in the middle part, you can see the snow.


Not sure why I was leaned over to the left, but whatever!  


I like the back of this too.  I made a swayback adjustment and it was worth it!


Sometimes I have the goofiest looks on my face!


In this photo you can see that cute little pocket.  

I enjoyed making this pattern and a heavier cotton works just perfect!  I want to make the cap sleeve version with that cute little neck tie.  

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

3 comments:

  1. What an honor! And your top is really cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, that is really sweet of you to say! I really like this top and when I've worn it, I've gotten numerous compliments!

      Delete
  2. I really like this top on you, Sue, the style suits you and it looks beautifully sewn.

    ReplyDelete