About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Another pair of Georgies!

Here is another review of a favorite pattern I simply can't resist.  Maybe I have a problem?

These are the Georgie Stretch Jeans by StyleArc.  StyleArc has to be my favorite Indy pattern company. These 'jeans' have great details!  A faux fly and front pockets, back pockets, back yoke, and a waistband.  I've made these numerous times and I love every pair I've made! 

Georgie Stretch Woven Jean Sewing Pattern By Style Arc - Pull on woven stretch pant with wide waistband and the perfect leg shape.
I used a stretch bengaline I purchased from Style Arc's site.  This is nice fabric--I purchased it in several colors.  It washes and dries well and it takes a warmish press well.  It you get it out of the dryer soon enough, you don't need to iron them! 


If you do decide to purchase some of this fabric, you'll need to cut it on the cross grain as these jeans need the maximum stretch to go around the body--just what you'd expect from a stretch jean!  With this fabric, it is about 60" wide, so you'll be able to easily get these cut out from cutting on the cross-grain. 


I made just two minor alterations to the pattern:  I added 1/4" to the width of the waistband (folding it over it makes a total of 1/2") and added 1" to the length.  I like the result and hope I remember this for the next time I make them!


These are super comfortable pants, they are in a color I really love and I think the fit is fabulous!  The elastic in the waistband is totally hidden--no one needs to know you're wearing elastic waist pants! 

What more can you want from pants you make?

Thanks for reading!
Sue

2 comments: