About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, January 22, 2018

Another Helene Cardigan




Yes, I am into repeating patterns lately.  I am working hard on reducing my out-of-control stash and the best way for me to do that is pull out fabrics that I had a plan for when I purchased them--sometimes based on a previous pattern I made and then dive in and sew them up.  That's my MO lately and darn if it isn't working!

Image result for images Jalie Helene

So, here is one of my latest favs....the Helene cardi by Jalie.  Have you made this yet?  It is a fun, fast, and stylish make.  What more can you ask for?  Here is an image of the pattern:

Look how darling that is!  Those pockets!  The length!  Perfection! 



I've had this wool sweater knit in my stash for a while.  It is warm, stretchy, and feels soft on your skin.  I am really into this color lately.  It satisfies my need for a darker color in the winter but it is more exciting than black or gray.  I really should branch out a bit more!  :) 



Would you look at those pockets!  They are the perfect depth, they are at the right place, and they are just cute.  Can you tell I like the construction of these?  Just look at the inside and how clever this is! 




I made so few adjustments to this pattern: Sloping Shoulders is it.  When there is a seam at the lower back, or about the waistline, I really don't need a swayback adjustment.  I used Seweyekeys 1/2" fusible stay tape on the edges to hem everything.  That stuff is the cat's meow.  :) 



Isn't this just the perfect length?  


I so love everything about this pattern.  Can you tell?


So, I love this.  It is warm, it isn't black, and it fits great.  What are waiting for if you've never sewn a Jalie pattern?  Just do it!  

Thanks for reading!
Sue 



4 comments:

  1. Sold! That looks like a great pattern, and very good proportions on you. Can you remind me how tall you are? I’m 5’6. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Jalie fan too! I think I have ALMOST all their patterns - including this one which I haven't sewn up yet! But you've inspired me to get on that - cardigans are on my list for 2018 for sure. I did make up the Cocoon Cardigan last year which I love and will definitely make more of but it has no pockets. It's almost like a shawl with arms though and in a lighter knit than I used it would be perfect for a cool summer evening. I'm doing just what you are! Sewing from my stash as they say and it's amazing what treasures I'm discovering :)

    ReplyDelete