About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, March 11, 2017

sewing for spring StyleArc Daphne Duo


Hey all!  I hope you are enjoying some lovely weather where you are at!  The unseasonably warm weather we've had lately made me want to sew something up for spring.  Well, that being said, right now we are having unseasonably cold weather, so my timing for photos was just perfect. 😒


  

I used two really nice fabrics for this project.  I had other plans but when the fabric arrived and I made a sample garment, I knew that what I envisioned in my head wouldn't happen!





So then the drama of figuring out what would be awesome with these fabrics became my focus.  In fact, I had a completely different fabric chosen for the top but it had too much weight and this needs a gauzy fabric, much like the one I used.  It's also from FM and the color, while a neutral light gray, seems to tone down my bright pink pants!



Doesn't every girl need a bright pink pair of pants?  I think so!



Here are the patterns I used from StyleArc. The Daphne Duo Tunic and Pants Outfit:

Fabulous new cocoon shape tunic top with hem tucks

Pull on pant with interesting side seam detail

Both fabrics behaved exactly as they should for garments such as these.  I used french seams on the top.  The pants I used my serger and regular sewing machine.  I opted to hand hem the pants and the neckline of the top.




The pink suiting fabric has a bit of lycra in it and this fabric is soft yet holds structure.  See those awesome pleats below the knee-line?  They look just like the pattern design.  I didn't have to use a different fabric for the waistline.  Like I said, there is just the right amount of Lycra in the suiting to have these pants slide easily over the hips yet still lie flat at the waistline.  

I made a rear upper leg adjustment that I talked about in this post: pants alteration

I had mentioned I thought that instead of a 1/2" adjustment, I would try a 1/4" and for these pants, it was just what I needed!

               

Thanks so much for reading!  I can't wait for the weather to warm so I can wear these comfortably.  If you want to see what it was really like taking photos, here is a parting shot!  It had been snowing off and on and the wind chill was 14 degrees F.  That's a tad cold!



Thanks for reading!


Sue from Ilove2sew!

2 comments:

  1. I really love your colour choice especially the pink pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute and ready for spring in this outfit! Just looking at your pics makes me shiver too - but like you, I'm thinking of some spring sewing as we change from 75 degrees to 80 - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete