About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, March 20, 2017

StyleArc Lucy Dress!

Ruffles are everywhere this spring and I have had this dress and fabric for a few months now.  I was waiting for the right time to make it because as soon as I had it done, I knew I'd want to make it!

Knit dress with fashionable double frill neck trim

How cute is this dress?  The pattern is from StyleArc and is the Lucy Knit dress.

                  

I just love the fabric.  It was a kit from Craftsy. It was super easy and awesome to work with.  It wasn't a wimpy knit at all but had some body, drape, and stability to it.
Does that make any sense?


I made a test garment and decided I needed an FBA, swayback adjustment and sloping shoulder adjustment.  


I also made the sleeves somewhere between bracelet and 3/4 length.  


There is a lot of shaping with this pattern.  If you purchase it and have taken it from the package, you will know what I mean.  


Wow, do I love how this fits!  




I used my rolled hem on my serger for the ruffles.  I am still working on getting a magnificent finish.  My finish is pretty good, but dang it, I want magnificent.  I just need to practice more.

I really love this dress.  I wore it today and received many compliments!

Thanks for reading!  I love your comments!
Sue

18 comments:

  1. Oh the pattern and fabric match make it a very pretty dress! I think you should send the adjusted patterns to me as I have same fit issues... LOL! I can see why you got many compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It just looks like spring and fun, and you look so happy wearing it. What a great happiness injection. I love when something I sew does that for me. Such pretty fabric - I've picked up some nice ones from Craftsy this winter as well. Hope they re-stock soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty dress! It's lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernice! I appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  4. This dress looks awesome, love the ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynsey, those ruffles are really fun!

      Delete
  5. Your dress is beautiful and fits you and suits you. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, Sue! Very springy and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is so cute and fits you to a T! Congrats for working with the knit, even the ruffle looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely spring dress. Ruffles are right on trend at the moment too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jean, ruffles are everywhere! They are fun to create and wear!

      Delete
  9. If black off shoulder dress keeps women a sense of mystery.Then pink lace dress shows the neat and pure of a girl.

    ReplyDelete