About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, March 13, 2017

Just in time for the cold...the Mavis Tunic

I've had this pattern for a while and just didn't have the right fabric(s) for it.  I'd made it once and figured out very quickly that fabric choice is paramount.  Have you seen the Mavis?
This pattern is by StyleArc.
Long line knit tunic featuring a turtle neck, contrast inserted panels and slightly dipped back

Look at those design lines!  So clever!


This is a designer sweatshirt knit from Fabric Mart.  The designer is Thakoon. 


This is sold as panels.  I purchased three panels for this top.  Figuring out where to place the motifs was the most difficult part of the project but also the most fun!


The ribbed inserts were matched with a fabric from my stash.  That was purely accidental, but a happy discovery!


I made my usual alterations: FBA, sloping shoulder adjustment and swayback adjustment.


That wonderful seaming and inserts are continued on the collar, side seams, and lower sleeves.


Make sure you get that collar seam matched precisely with the top's center seam.


Even though this fabric has embellishment, it was super easy to sew and work with.

I wore this to work today and received many compliments!

I will be making more of these, as soon as I find the right fabric combination!

Thanks for reading!
Sue

9 comments:

  1. Lovely top! I can see why you got compliments at work today. Great pattern and fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute top! Love the fabric combo, and one of them from stash, too! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Love the embellished fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fab. The fabric is perfect for this tunic. I have this pattern in my stash too, haven't yet found the right fabric. Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this tunic. Great fabric choice. You have made me want to try this pattern now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love that fabric! The top has such great design lines. You will have to tell us how you sew so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute top! I've had this pattern for a long time, but haven't come across the right fabrics. Winter is nearly over here, but I think I need this for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous top. I saw this fabric on the site and thought yuck. Bbut garment I see made from it look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic - all of it! You really sold this pattern, yours is wonderful, playful, and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete