About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Pumpkin orange wool knit--perfect for fall

I love orange.  I think it is vibrant, fun, and fresh.  It can be worn any time of the year--at least according to me.



When Fabric Mart had some wool knit on sale, I knew I had to purchase some so I grabbed two of my favorite colors: orange and a geranium colored pinkish-coral.  Both are just luscious and feel so good on your skin.  Not scratchy at all!


I wanted a simple design and choose the Melinda Knit Tunic from StyleArc.  This is a newer pattern from them that has a nice style, has some fitting, and is a little different with the boat neck style. It also doesn't take much fabric as I had a little bit left from my 1.5 yard length I purchased.

Boat neck tunic length top
Image from StyleArc

Since this pattern only shows a line drawing, I don't think it is totally accurate.  The drawing shows the shoulders are very extended and mine don't extend much over my shoulder.  I do a lot of push-ups, but not enough that I have any sort of heft in that part of my body!  


Also, the sleeves appear to be shorter on the drawing--more like 3/4 to bracelet-length but mine are all the way to my wrist.


Make sure you interface the neckline bands.  There ends up being some strain there due to the design but if you stabilize it properly it shouldn't be an issue.


I love this top.  It is comfortable, a bit different from anything else in my closet and it's orange!


Thanks for reading!
Sue











7 comments:

  1. An orange top is perfect for this time of year! Great top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange suits you very well Sue. Lovely top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great color on you Sue. I have yet to try a Style Arc pattern, that will have to change :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the neckline. This is the perfect color for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super top and fab colour on you, I think the neckline is a great feature but always hate when things don't match up with the drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and I have been wondering about the texture of the Fabric Mart wool jersey so thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete