About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Orange, white, and Butterick 6376


How many new sewing patterns have you picked up recently?  This is one of the new Butterick's that I thought was cute and unique.
Image result for images butterick 6376
Actually, I've purchased several blouse patterns and chose this one to complete first as we are still having some beautiful weather.  You might smirk as you read that statement but we've had plenty of snow in year's past on October 1st.  

I made my usual size 14 based on my high bust measurement of 36.  




 The big 4 patterns have quite a bit of ease and it is recommended by many pros to use your high bust measurement when choosing a size.


This top is my wearable muslin.  The orange stretch gingham is from Marcy Tilton and I couldn't resist it as orange is one of my favorite colors to wear.  


I made my usual FBA and I think it would have worked better had I made darts.  See, there are some drag lines.  Just to make this a bit different, I doubled up the buttons down the front.  
 


I love how the back fits.  I made my usual swayback adjustment along with a sloping shoulder adjustment.  

I am pretty happy with my new top!  
Thanks for reading
Sue 


3 comments:

  1. I think yo shirt is fab, love the double buttons and the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely. I love the white contrast and the double buttons is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this version & color on you . I would have never given this pattern a second look until I saw your cute version ! Orange is a great fall color

    ReplyDelete