So this is a pattern I recently picked up, I mean it was less than a dollar and fifty cents, so I had to! I had fun putting this together, although I do feel like it was sort of a labor of love. What? With such a simple top? Yep! Hang on, I'll tell you why.
I made a muslin for this top. It reminded me a lot of Grainline's Scout Woven Tee, which I ended up making two muslins for! With a woven top that is not loose-fitting, I think you need a muslin just to make sure you like it enough to proceed.
I took a wedge out of the upper side front (above the bust) and back that amounted to about an inch of fabric starting at the princess-type seam and tapered to nothing before the underarms. This made a huge difference on how this top hung on me. I also made a swayback adjustment which was very necessary! I lengthened the sleeves as well, although I wonder if they would look better as the pattern is designed? I can't decide....
I really liked view D and that is what I choose to complete. I found the little metal-type accents at either JoAnns' or Hancock's that are the perfect complement to the pattern. They were very easy to apply although beware, they get VERY HOT! Not sure what synapses weren't connecting in my brain but for some stupid reason, I touched them after heating up the front and the back and practically burned my fingerprints off! Don't do that! Take it from me, it hurts!
I also hate seeing facings that show through on white fabric, so I cut two front center pieces, sewed them right sides together, turned, edge-stitched and then treated those two layers as one for the remainder of the construction. I like how this top turned out! I love cobalt blue and white together.
This was a fun pattern to put together but I felt like I spent a lot more time on it than necessary. Not sure why but I did. I am sure I will use it again in the future, but I will most likely wait until spring.
Thanks for reading!