About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Cashmerette Upton dress!

When I first saw this pattern, I knew it would be a winner!  The styling is so cute!  I simply had to make it! 
Image result for images Cashmerette upton


I made a size 12, the smallest size in this pattern range with the C/D cup.  I love how Jenny includes separate cup sizes for you.  This takes all the guess work out of making a garment fit properly!


Can I tell you how much I love this fabric?  I found it on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  It is actually upholstery fabric which is a choice that Jenny recommends for this dress. 


I was concerned it might stick out too far at the hips, but I don't think it does.


It seems to be the perfect weight for this dress.


I eliminated the bodice lining, raised the neckline an inch and a half and that's it.  To deal with the neckline and armscye finishes, I created matching bias tape.


I love how this fits and I really, really love my fabric!  Even though it is an upholstery, it is washable and it washed beautifully!  Can you see how there isn't any gaping at the arms? 


I see more of these dresses in my future!
Thanks for reading!
Sue 

5 comments:

  1. This dress looks terrific on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks lovely on you Sue! I see you as a sewing storm with so much energy! love following your journey and being inspired! I have nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award - http://georgiasew.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-mystery-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Upton - the bodice and skirt does fit you so well - you now have a bodice AND skirt block to make all sorts of garments. I'm a huge fan of Cashmerette - I'm just working on the Webster right now in linen. Another fabulous pattern.

    ReplyDelete