About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Pink Jeans--screaming summer here!

I'd forgotten how much I love making jeans.  They are super satisfying, especially if they fit well and the process is just different enough from a regular type of clothing--dress, top, knit, etc.

Fashionable narrow leg woven jean

These are described as a narrow leg jean with a contoured waistband and RTW details.  I have to say, I completely agree!


I really, really, really love the fit of these.  They work on my aging body, even though my back end is starting to look like my mother's.  :)  


I really need to do more squats and lunges.  That is on my to-do list.  


We all know that SA's directions are not the greatest and since this is not one of their newer patterns that I believe has better verbage that the older ones, this one was a chore.  This isn't my first rodeo with jeans.  I've made many pairs--probably double digits so this isn't a new process for me.


The length of these is just perfect.  For reference, I am 5'7".  I wash and dry my denim at least twice to take care of residual shrinkage.  


I really love adding rivets.  Other than the six rivets I added, that is all I glitzed them up.  I mean they are PINK!  What more do you need?  


Sorry, I am not sure why this photo is fuzzy but the hubster couldn't be bothered for more photos.  



See what I mean by approaching geriatric butt?  My rather regular jogging isn't enough to take care of this body deformity.  ;)    



Here is a closer up photo of the rivets.  I don't have any fancy equipment other than a leather punch to cut the fabric so it can easily receive the rivet top and bottom half, the rivet setters, and a hammer. Two good whacks and those babies are set.


See how neat and tidy the zipper looks?  I finally dug out a Vogue jean pattern and looked at a previous pair I had made so I could visualize what I needed to do to finish up the fly.
My pocket lining and facing is made of lightweight cotton.  One nice this with the pocket lining is that it extends to the fly.  I sort of feel like you could possibly make that piece from a power net so you had some tummy control.  

This was a fun make.  This denim is so awesome to work with!  I also have some in red and leaf green.  I can't wait to stitch those up as well.  

Did I mention this is how these jeans fit STRAIGHT from the pattern?  How often does that happen?  I love my shocking pink jeans.  What have you been sewing?

Sue 

17 comments:

  1. Those jeans are a perfect fit! I totally hear you about the flat bum! I have been doing hot yoga and finally feel like my body is coming around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I've been wanting to try hot yoga! I will have to do that!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been lurking your blog for a while and I have to say this is my favorite. Wow! Not only do they look great on you, your stitching is amazing. Not everyone can wear shocking pink. You are rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Pink is one of my favorite colors but I was a little worried how these would look on me. I just love them!

      Delete
  4. These look fabulous Sue (thinks) must make some more myself! Was your denim stretch or non-stretch? Look forward to seeing the others :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dilliander! This denim is non-stretch. I imagine these would work great with a denim with some stretch.

      Delete
  5. Loving the funky colour and the fit looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great jeans! Everything is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour is perfect for summer and that fit is superb. Amazing with no adjustments required. Fabulous jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color and the fit. . .especially right out of the envelope! I really need to get my jeans made. Love reading your blog and seeing all your casual makes which totally fit my lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much jsews! I am blushing! Thank you for reading about my sewing!

      Delete
  9. Those jeans are fabulous! I love the hot pink color. They look and fit great on you. I hear ya about the flat bum...me too. Nice that they fit right out of the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Jeans! Love the colour, but the fit is the winner for me - they look great on :)

    ReplyDelete