In case you are wondering, here is what the pattern looks like, just in case you haven't seen it. I love this maxi length version with the stripes. How adorable and comfortable she looks!
So here is the description from the back of the envelope: Pullover, close-fitting top and dresses have button neck and front bands, and stitched hems. A: Narrow hem on sleeves. C: button flaps. A, C: Pockets. B, C, D: Fitted through hips. C, D: Back hemline slit.
So I made a mishmash of views by using the length of B/C, long sleeves of D but no pockets. And, I used snaps that I applied with Kam pliers. I didn't have enough black, so I opted for the red. What do you think? It gives it a little pizzazz? Does it look like I didn't have the right color so I punted?
This pattern is just super easy to put together. In fact, I cut this out, sewed, and took pictures in about a 2.5 hour time and I was intently watching the Packers/Cowboys game! Thank you Aaron Rodgers for that win!
If you've never put in a placket before, the directions are very easy for this one. I would recommend however that you practice on some scraps before you cut into your pretty fabric!
My fabric (isn't it cute?) was a little stretchier than I thought so I sewed slowly and thought about using a very small patch of interfacing where the right and left bands come together, but it wasn't necessary.
I also really like how the neckband is applied as it ends up looking nice and professional.
I've been experimenting with putting in FBAs and I did this time with some success. I took a Craftsy class on adjusting the bust and wow, was it helpful! So now I am a convert and will use this method all the time!
I love the easy fit of this dress and I really thought about eliminating the center back seam but it does provide some shaping so I left it alone and with the busy print, it works! I hope you'll try this pattern very soon!
Thanks for reading!