About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Thursday, April 16, 2020

The Valley Skater Dress--A New Free Pattern!



Have you seen this NEW FREE pattern from Sinclair Patterns?

Valley knit skater dress with lantern sleeves and other options ...

  I was so honored to be asked to test it and I absolutely love everything about it!  


I just think that Indy sewists and designer are so generous, especially at times like this: when their incomes may be dwindling yet they are gracious and are developing free patterns for their fans.



I really, really wanted to make the lantern sleeve version, but I thought that this gorgeous fabric simply HAD to be what I used for this dress.



How pretty is this, especially if you love super soft, double brushed knits!  This is from Sly Fox Fabrics.  I have never, never been disappointed in anything I've ordered from them.  


And, I am a sucker for a floral, especially a floral with a black background.


This is the fit of the dress with ZERO alterations!  I just love Oxana Sinclair's patterns because the tall sizes fit me so, so well!


I just love this dress.


While my print is busy and it is tough to see all the details, if you look closely you can see there is a waistline detail, banded neclkine, and front/back pleats that make the skirt so twirly at the bottom yet more fitted at the waistline.


I wish I would have twirled a few times for the photos!


I really, really love this print, and I love my shoes with this too!  

Thanks so much for reading! 
If you've never tried a pattern from Sinclair Patterns, the instructions are amazing, the drafting is spot-on, and the designs are so wearable and fun.  Plus, almost every single one of her patterns have several options making them a great value!

Here's the link if you want to check out and order the pattern!


Stay healthy and be well!
Sue

4 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful dress and fits you perfectly. You said you made no alterations -- what size did you use on the pattern? I went to the Sinclair Patterns website and it is amazing. I ordered the dress and also the yoga pants. You are right about their instructions -- I'm just blown away by the detailed instructions on so many levels, from how to print and put together the pdfs (I've only done this a couple of times with toddler t-shirts so I'm a novice at this) to great info on fabric choice, to the actual sewing instructions and step by step photos. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JH! I always make a US size 12 in the tall sizes. I hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. Really cute dress, Sue! I love the fabric colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dress! Sue, I can't see how to 'sign up' for your blog?

    ReplyDelete