About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Super comfy outfit!

Hi all!  I hope this finds you and your families healthy and well.  
Since I've been WFH, all I want to make is fun and comfortable clothing.  These pants fit the bill!  Not only are the so comfortable, but with my fabric choice, you can actually wear these for more than lounging at home.  


Super comfortable and really fast to make, this comfy stretch pants pattern comes in two lengths, two waistbands, two width options, and sizes XXS to 5XL.

As you can see, this is a Rebecca Page pattern and these are the Pippa pants.  
I used a mid-weight ponte that's been in my stash for a while for these.  I had just enough and I thought why not?  If I didn't' like them, they can always just be for lounging at home.  Or, I could find them a new home.  


This pattern has two or three pieces depending on the view you choose.  The front/back doesn't have a side seam.  So there's that piece and the waistband.  You can choose between a regular waistband, a fold over waistband and add some cute little side ties if you'd like.  Since I am not going to walk around showing off my midriff, I chose the regular waistband.  


Since there are only two pieces for my view, these were cut out and put together in less than an hour.  I am not a fast sewer and I am not slow, so if you are either, adjust your time commitment accordingly.  With that said, I even did a few extra steps too.  

I did lengthen these just a bit from the pattern.  I believe it was about an inch.  I added SewkeysE tape in 1" at the hem line.  I used a stretch stitch to hem the pants by machine.  

There isn't even elastic at the waistline but know what?  These didn't fall down nor did I feel like they would fall down. Yay!  

Let's talk about my top for a moment.  This is the Cachet relaxed tee by Sinclair Patterns.  I absolutely adore this pattern! 




PDF Sewing pattern Sinclair Patterns S1030 Cachet color blocked tee with pocket

It has three different pocket variations, a color-blocked version, and it is just right for doing your own thing.  This is another pattern that as soon as I finished my first, I immediately made a second.  This one is made from baby french terry from Sly Fox Fabrics.  This stuff is really wonderful to work with and it sews like a dream!  

Thanks for reading!  I hope you are able to make some comfortable clothing that you really love!  

Until next time, 
Sue 

3 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit. I love the shade of pink and your "don't mess with me" look. 👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! Looks comfy and attractive; perfect for home quarantine.

    ReplyDelete