About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Sinclar: Lauren Top

So, I made another Sinclair pattern.  Is anyone surprised?  This one is the Lauren Top.  How could I not make this?  Here's the pattern photo: 


I love tops that drape yet have a modest neckline, so this was a no-brainer for me.  





It was such a nice day that I had to go outdoors for photos. That's pretty rare this time of year where I live.



This top requires a super drapey fabric.  I think this was a rayon-lycra blend and it works for this top. It was purchased from Fabric Mart.



See what I mean about requiring drape?  From this side view, you can totally see half of the pleats in the design.  


I love this blushy-pink/rose color. This is a relatively easy sew.  Just line up the pleats, baste them and you are half way done!  
There is also a dress and sleeveless version of this, so in the next few months, guess what I'll be making?
Thanks for reading!
Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment