About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

A new pattern--Sinclair Journey zip hoodie!

Hi all,
I was one of the lucky ones able to test a pattern for Sinclair Patterns.  It is the Journey Zip Hoodie.  

Sinclair Patterns S1080 Journey zip up zippered knit raglan hoodie for women with kangaroo, zippered or cargo pockets pdf sewing pattern

And, here is a link to the pattern: https://sinclairpatterns.com/product/journey-zip-up-knit-raglan-hoodie-with-different-pocket-styles-pdf-sewing-pattern/?goal=0_eef9a0e737-bc33274c7c-129781988&mc_cid=bc33274c7c&mc_eid=0d2e69e1f9

I wasn't one of the lucky ones to be featured on the website, but I am still really pleased with how mine turned out.  


This pattern, from cut out to final seam will take you about 4 to 5 hours. You'll need to use mid-weight knits.


My fabrics were from Sly Fox.  If you've never heard of them, I am quite smitten with their selection and quality.  I've yet to be disappointed. Here's a link if you are interested: https://slyfoxfabrics.com/


I used their french terry for this hoodie. 


The only part that may give you a few head-scratching moments is the zipper insertion.  I simplified this by basting the zip in, then attaching the facing and stitching down the whole business at once.  If you decide to purchase the pattern and make this up, you'll get what I mean.

For Sinclair patterns, I appreciate that the pattern has options.  This has hoodie or collar and different pocket choices.  Truly you can create different looks for this garment. Also, it comes in petite, regular, or tall sizes.  I use the tall and make almost zero alterations. 

I am really happy with my hoodie.
If you try this pattern, please let me know as I 'd like to know about your experience.
Thanks for reading!
Sue 

2 comments:

  1. Your new hoodie looks lovely. Great colour combination. I'm sure you'll wear this top a lot as it looks so comfy and versatile. Also very brave standing in a light top out in the snow...... it looks a little chilly where you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I really like this fabric and color combo. Actually, it wasn't too bad out the day I took these photos. I wouldn't want to be out in this type of weather long, but it was above zero with no wind. Rare for this time of the year!

      Delete