About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Thursday, February 13, 2020

A warm winter dress! Rebecca Page Hoodie Dress/Top

Hi all!  Happy winter!  Today is the coldest we've had so far this year with an air temp of -17 degree F.  The wind child makes it -34F!  When it's this cold outside, you need some warm cozy clothing.  Here's a new pattern, just released yesterday, from Rebecca Page: 
Stay cute and cozy all season long with this hoodie sewing pattern that is the ultimate in casual comfort. Comes in XXS to 5XL and 12 months to 12 years!

This is very simply named the Hoodie Dress.  I am a Brand Ambassador for Rebecca Page and I was one of the lucky ones to test this pattern prior to release.  In fact, my version is even on their website under the pattern page!

I used a wonderful fleece I've had in my stash for quite some time from Emma One Sock.  It love how rich the black color is on this.  The black ribbing was also from my stash.  


Rebecca basically holds your hand while you sew showing every single step.  There is also a quick reference sheet you can use if you desire.  That's what I did.  This is such an easy, uncomplicated, yet cute sew!  


If you decide to use the kangaroo pocket, I would definitely stabilize the edges so they don't stretch as you are attaching them to your garment.  For this, I use SewkeysE tape and it works like a dream. 

This mainly goes together on your serger, except for the pocket and the hem on the hoodie.  

I would highly recommend measuring the length of the sleeve prior to sewing.  I know they made adjustments for that after the initial phase, but just to be sure please measure.  Also for reference, I am 5'7".  

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment