About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, March 4, 2018

McCall's 7506

Coffee date dress challenge!

How fun is this challenge?  I thoroughly enjoyed figuring out what to make using only fabrics from my stash...honestly this just about did me in but then I 'shopped' around and found these four fabrics that I thought would work and would be things I'd actually wear.

First...the coffee dress!
I really wanted to mix three lightweight denims that I've had for a while.  I have seen some amazing sewists mix fabrics and have just loved the results.  When I saw this pattern, I knew I could make a multiple-fabric garment work. 


And here are the three fabrics I choose to mix and match! 

 

If you frequent Marcy Tilton's site and drool over her fabrics, you'll recognize the denim-lace from her site.  I coveted that fabric for some long that I finally broke down about six months ago and bought a measly yard of it.  While that doesn't give you much to work with, it does spur your creativity and I knew that I would mix it with other fabrics.  I wish I could remember where the two other denims came from, but I just can't. 

Now what you are really waiting for is the dress!  Here it is!  This is McCall's 7506.  


I love these perfect fit patterns.  They make life so easy for fitting!  


This will be perfect for a day dress.  It's denim--hello! 


Who doesn't love a comfortable denim dress to spend the day in?


I purposely didn't make it fitted in the waist and hip area as I want to be comfortable when I wear it.  So I fitted it through the shoulders and bust and the rest is more of a relaxed fit.  


This was a lot of fun to make and it will be even more fun to wear!  Since I live in a climate where winter lasts far too long, it was fun to pull out my sandals and put them on!  




Bring on warm days and coffee dates with friends!  


Thanks for reading! 
A special thanks to Elizabeth for setting up this challenge and getting so many sponsors.  I feel honored to be a part of it.
Happy sewing everyone!
Sue from Ilove2sew!




2 comments:

  1. Very nice with the lace denim, what a lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. Love the mix of denim.

    ReplyDelete