About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Butterick 6410 a cocktail dress!

Hello all!  I so enjoyed creating 2 dresses for Elizabeth's day and night challenge seen here: day-night dress challenge 


I choose this pattern, Butterick 6410, for my night dress.  I love super simple styles like this one that you can embellish to your heart's desire!  I had fun creating this dress.


Of course, I couldn't make it as designed without some tweaks, right?

As you can see above, I installed/adhered some swarovski crystals along the upper bodice front.  They were so very hard to photograph!  This was mid-way through the final placement. I so enjoy adding this embellishment--in moderation.  I always feel like when you are embellishing a garment, moderation is key.


Here you can also see that I added a faux leather collar, cuffs, and piping along the yoke edges, both front and back.  I am so pleased with how this turned out!


I really wish it would have been warm enough outdoors to take photos, but it was so cold I just couldn't do it. 


My fabric is one of the #precious fabrics from my stash.  Both the brocade and the faux leather were from Fabric Mart.  I have been waiting a long time to use these and this was the perfect opportunity. 


I really love how this fits me.  I made my usual swayback adjustment, which by the way, is very difficult in such a hefty fabric.


I also made a FBA, and swayback adjustment.  I just love this dress.  I am going to make this pattern multiple times.  Can't you see it so many ways with so many fabrics?

Thank you to Elizabeth for hosting this challenge.  I can't wait to show you my Coffee dress!  

If you haven't seen this challenge, check out the link above!

Sue


5 comments:

  1. So cute and you did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bookmarked these excellent reminders. Thank you. I believe I follow these tips, but bookmarking as a reference makes this a nice blog. also write a amazing blog for amazon user 10 tips to save money on Amazon just read it and save your money on every deal.

    ReplyDelete