About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

McCall's 6992 A New Favorite Pattern

This is such a simple, easy to assemble, fashionable pattern from McCall's dated 2014.  I know it isn't exactly brand new, but it is new to me and so there you go!

M6992, Misses' Tops

I decided to construct this after seeing a fellow reviewer make more than 3 of these that were SO CUTE and when that happens, I must make my own!

Line Art

Here is the description from the back of the pattern envelope: Misses' tops: Fitted pullover tops have neck and sleeve bands and hemline variations.  A, B, D: Lower band.  C, E (Cut on crosswise grain): Overlay variations.  D, E, F: Shaped hemline, wrong side may show, narrow hem.  F: Purchased trim and beads.  I love patterns that give you many options so this is a WINNER!!!


I made a size 14, my usual in the big 4.  I made a swayback adjustment and an FBA.  I also had fun with my fabrics!  The animal print is the only little bit of scrap I had from a recent wadder so I was glad I was able to use it for something that I really like!  It is made from a sweater knit.


The black is a cotton-Lycra blend that I purchased the entire bolt of earlier this fall.  It behaves so beautifully!  I wish I had two more bolts of it as I can see an entire wardrobe of staples made from it!  


This pattern is well drafted and all the notches and marks line up beautifully.  The neckband was super easy to apply!  I used my serger for 90% of the construction with my regular machine for the topstitching at the neckline and my coverstitch for the hemline.  I opted to leave the lower band off to give it a less casual look--if that makes any sense at all!


I can't wait to make more of these!  Such a fun and easy make!  Fabric recommendations include fleece, sweater knits, double knit, cotton knit, and lace.  You can also use rib knit for the bands.

I will be making more of these so get ready to see more variations!  How cute are the tops with lace?

Thanks for reading!
Sue

6 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty top! Love the print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy DotDot! I really love the print as well!

      Delete
  2. I love this top! I may make this I like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will make it Jill! Imitation is the greatest form of flattery! Happy sewing!

      Delete
  3. Really cute and a great way to showcase a cute print. I like that you left the bottom band off and I think it elevates it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this pattern and have been hoping to make it up. Glad to see yours and hear how easy it went together.

    ReplyDelete