About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Jalie Top! 3132





























Oh how I love Jalie Patterns!  So well drafted, so easy to sew, so stylish....I could go on and on and on! 
This one is no exception!
Here is my review for this top: This is a nursing tee and hoodie and no, I am not nursing, but I love the style.  It is also a regular pattern as well.  Both styles are available in two lengths (T-shirt and tunic) 

I made view B in the tunic length.  It has 3/4 length sleeves and a v-neck.  Very simple styling. 

Fabric used: a lovely tissue knit I purchased from Marcy Tilton.  It was a dream to work with!  I love the weight of it for fall.  It is however a tissue knit and will be wearing a cami underneath as I have on in the photo. 




How were the directions?
Absolutely great!  Even though Jalie's directions are sparse but I like to view them as concise and succinct.  Visuals were great as well. 

What did I like/dislike about the pattern?
Likes:
Shaping of the tee.  It is 'fitted' for a t-shirt with a nipped in waist.  Love, love, love that feature. 
Fit is just great, especially through the shoulder seams.  With some more fitted t patterns, the shoulder seams are pretty narrow but this one isn't.  I will use this shoulder line to measure up to other patterns I use. 
Love the lengths of the sleeves and body of the tunic.  This is perfect for someone taller like me and when you are wearing leggings you don't have to worry about tugging the thing down to keep things private. 
I love how the v-neckline goes together.  It was simply magic!  The directions have you stay-stitch the neckline between the notches, clip to the v in front.  When I attached the neckline I had the shirt facing skyward and stitched on top of the stay-stitching.  It gave me what I feel is the perfect v neck.  Very professional looking inside and out. 






Dislikes:
My only dislike is that the shoulders weren't stabilized in the directions.  I simply stitched clear elastic into the seam. 


Recommendations?
Oh yes, I highly recommend this top.  It is stylish, comfortable and has a variety of uses in different fabrics, lengths, with or without the hood and kangaroo pocket, etc.  I can see why Jalie is the master of knits.  Ignore the bad bra back, I really need to throw that one in the garbage.  That is what I get for not doing laundry soon enough and having to wear a bra that doesn't fit all that well.  :) 

Conclusion:
Love this pattern.  I plan on keeping it close at hand.  I plan to make my DD one since she is nursing and I am anxious to see how that goes together. 

4 comments: