About Me

My Photo
I simply love to be busy and create things, especially my own custom-made garments. Nothing is more fun than answering the question, "Where did you get that?"

Friday, October 12, 2012

Vogue 8620 Marcy Tilton Jacket


Here is the description form the back of the pattern envelope: Semi-fitted jackets, A, B, have pockets, underarm gussets and front zipper closure.  B: silk-screened embellishments.  Package instructions include silk-screening. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Vogue+8620&view=detail&id=21182C825FA8584825AB7183FE61B00F1C611F1D&first=1



I love the fabric used on the pattern envelope. 

BB is 8 to 14 and FF 16 to 22. I made a 14 and like the fit.  You can see the detail in the line drawing all the details.  http://images.patternreview.com/sewing/patterns/vogue/8620/8620line.gif

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, I think so!  I even silk-screened in the places Marcy advised to do so.  I didn't have the exact screens she used, but all the same, I do like mine and the placement is awesome.  Not too much but also just enough.  Know what I mean? 

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Omg, the instructions were wonderful!  I hadn't made a hong-kong finish in a while but felt the directions were great.  I had not previously made underarm gussets but the directions walked me all the way through without any difficulty.  In the above picture, I had been squirming and my photographer got a little impatient.  It really doesn't have that many wrinkles in it.  :)  I hope you can see the silk screening I used. 
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I just love the styling of this jacket.  It looks very high end with a minimum amount of work.  Don't leave out all the little touches like topstitching around the pockets, hand-basting the zipper, and such.  Those touches make this jacket look boutique like. 

Fabric Used:
I just love this red denim I picked up at JoAnns.  It has just a little bit of stretch and the color is so pretty!

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I didn't alter a thing.  Gasp!  I usually alter at least one thing, but this time absolutely nothing. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes.  I would really like to find a fun print like is shown in view B. 
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Vogue+8620&view=detail&id=21182C825FA8584825AB7183FE61B00F1C611F1D&first=1

Conclusion:
I just loved making this jacket.  It was fun to put together, the instructions are easy to follow, and it looks very high-end.  What fun for fall! 
Thanks for reading!
Sue

1 comment:

  1. I love this- the color the fabric- lovely job!

    ReplyDelete