About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Rebecca Page Sara Sweater

So I tested another pattern for Rebecca Page.  This is the Sara Sweater.  Here's a link to images of the pattern: 
https://rebecca-page.com/product/sara-sweater/



I was so drawn to the line drawing of this.  How cute is it?  


I used a beautiful sweater knit from Telio.  I purchase Telio from Fabricdotcom.  Wow, do I love this brand.  


For the placket, I used a woven cotton fabric for the sweater portion.  Sorry, I should have taken photos of that fabric. For the neckband, it is only the sweater fabric.


This fabric just lays so beautifully. 


With this view, you can get a glimpse of the placket fabric I used.  The placket is non-functional as I decided not to make actual button holes.


I do love the shape of this sweater.  


This sweater was designed as very over-sized so I graded down almost 2 sizes.  Can you imagine how over large this would have been?  

Buttons were from my stash and are silver but lightweight metal.  

Thanks for reading!  
Sue 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sue. That is a great looking sweater. I would have never have picked it without seeing it done up first. I do like the way you have the neckline. Telio has such nice fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like something I would wear! Looks very nice and comfy and has some style with the placket and buttons!

    ReplyDelete