About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

A new pattern release! Sinclair Lulu

I was one of the lucky gals to test this awesome pattern from Oxana Sinclair.  It's called the Lulu and it is a top, shorts/pants, or romper.  


Here's my version.  I made these as separates.  I remember the 80s/90s where you had to get undressed to use the bathroom if you wore a romper.  Ain't making that mistake again for work clothes!  


This fabric is just amazing!  It is the double brushed poly from SlyFox Fabrics.  It is so incredibly soft!  Plus, that color!!! 


Putting this together was fast!  It doesn't look like a fast pattern though, does it?


This has some very nice details such as the cross-over front, banded bottom, pleats at the neckline, side seam pockets.  


The pleated neckline is constructed so brilliantly! I also love the options of short, long, or no sleeves. I feel like you get your moneys worth with Sinclair patterns! 


Just a parting shot to show you that if you tack the neckline, you won't give anyone a show! 

This pattern is on sale for a bit so click on the link at the beginning of this post!
Happy sewing!
Sue 

2 comments:

  1. Love it Sue and great colour on you. Clever decision to make a faux jumpsuit from separates. I'm with you remembering the whole undress to go to the bathroom palaver when jumpsuits were a thing last time around (eek)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this on you, Sue! Beautiful fabric and it looks really comfy too.

    ReplyDelete