About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, June 2, 2019

A little summer sewing: McCall's 7903

I love sewing for summer.  Actually, I love sewing for every season, but with our spring almost non-existent, there's something about making summer garments extra-appealing.  Here's my latest: 

Image result for images McCalls 7903

This cute little top is loose-fitting with all those flounces!  Aren't they awesome?  I made view C.  I simply love the fabric I used.  The manufacturer is Art Gallery and this is a Viole.  It's light and breezy, perfect for a hot summer day.  


Here's mine.  I'm not sure this is the best use of this fabric, but I do really love the colors and the print.  I'll wear it a bit and see what I think....


When the pattern says this is loose-fitting, it is.  Believe it.  Typically, I try to size down but I wanted to try this as written.  I didn't want to mess with the flounces and how the hang from the bodice.


Look how wide these are!  Isn't that too much fun?


This shot makes me think this is not a garment for me.  I feel about as wide as a hippo in this top.


I really love that cute little back tie.  This really took no time at all to make.  I may end up altering it by making some waist darts, taking in the flounces, and going from there.  I did end up wearing this to church and received many compliments so maybe I am being to hard on myself.  

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment