About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, March 11, 2019

Simplicity 8790 in Stof

As soon as this pattern came out, I began hoping it would show up at my local JoAnns.  Once it was sold out and the next time Simplicity was on sale, I was finally able to get it in my hot little hands. 

Image result for images Simplicity 8790

I am such a sucker for knit dress and I love hoods.  Simplicity's embracing of Indy pattern designers is awesome!  This pattern is by Sew House Seven.  I've made several of their designs and have had great success.  I will count this one as successful too! 



Easy fit, comfortable, and it's a knit dress!  What more can you ask for?  It also has these great roomy patch pockets. 


Here's a close-up of the front portion of the hood.  The very front of the hood has a high neckline.  At first I wondered if I should redraw it but decided to leave it alone.  One thing you'll notice about the pattern envelope is that for this view, the lovely young lady is wearing her hood up so you can't see how high the neckline is. 


Here's the back of the hood.  It's rather small and doesn't overpower the dress or the back neckline. 


Here's a look at the pockets.  They are nice and deep.  To keep these from sagging or getting wonky, I used SewKeysE woven stay tape on the sides and double sided hem tape on the top portion of the pocket. 


My photographer, always gets me with goofy looks on my face. 
 

We had to take photos outside today.  It was above zero degrees, the sun is shining, and the wind isn't really blowing.  Count today as a win! 


The blousing is just perfect on this, I think.  Not too much, not too little. 


Here's a look at the back, or I should say side-back.  I should mention the fabric.  This is a Stof knit that I purchased from a recent trip to see my daughter, granddaughter, and son-in-law.  I wish we had this nice of knits locally.   


Thanks for reading!  I hope your weather is improving where you live!

Sue

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I have this pattern too - whenever a "Sew House Seven" pattern is released by Simplicity I grab it. They often have slightly different versions than her original pattern so I do get both patterns if I really like the design. I did this with her Toaster Sweater pattern (both are fabulous patterns). I haven't made this one up yet but seeing yours has inspired me to root mine out of that rather scary looking pattern collection I've amassed.

    ReplyDelete