About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, March 4, 2019

The Abby Cardi by StyleArc

I think it's safe to say that I am a huge SA fan.  I made this cardi previously but sort of forgot about the pattern until Elizabeth hosted her Day to Night Dress challenge.  For my dress, I knew for evening I wanted to make a black cardi with some umph. 


I really love this dress.  It's casual but can also be dressy.  The fabric is a textured knit in this stunning color!  

Now you can see it with my Abby Cardi.  This is a great pattern!  

Image result for images Style Arc Abbi Cardi

It goes together quickly and is designed beautifully!


I love how it ties!  You can also wear it loose and open, but I currently love wearing it tied at the waist.


A peek at the inside! 

My normal alterations include lengthening from the shoulder to the apex, lengthening the bust curve, lengthening the back from the shoulder to the waist.  SA patterns fit me well in the sleeve length and are exceptionally well drafted.


Here are a few details.  I used a decorative stitch on my machine to cover the outside seams and the hems.  I also always use SewKeysE hem tape to stabilize prior to stitching by hems.  At the neckline, I stabilized using SewKeysE stabilizer tape.  If you've never tried this stuff, you must!  Its awesome and makes sewing knits so successful! 


Thanks for reading!  In case you are wondering, this is a jet black knit that's cotton-lycra manufactured by Stof.  I really love this stuff!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment