About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Saturday, November 24, 2018

More unselfish sewing--Elliot gets a new coat

Hello and Happy Holidays!

This past week, I finished a winter coat for grandson #2.  This one is Elliot, he is VERY 2, and he has my heart wrapped around his little finger.  All the way around.

Image result for images Jalie 2108

Isn't this little monkey cute?  I made his coat a bit differently than the one I made for his older brother, Simon.  
Again, I used Jalie 2108 or the Puffer.  





The most notable difference is that I used fleece to line part of this jacket: hood, collar, pockets.  I like how it matches with the gray contrast fabric.  


I also decided to insert elastic at the waist of the lining.  


Yes, this coat is big on him.  I made the size G (2nd to the smallest size) based on his height and tummy measurements.


I didn't have him here at any time to try this for fit.  I am thinking it will fit next year as well.  :) 


These water repellent fabrics are from Mood.  I so highly recommend them!  Great to work with!  Just watch the temp of your iron and test the heat levels.


I was hoping to find a gray zipper but my local JoAnns is very limited on its selection.  Argh.  The plaid lining or flannel also came from JoAnns.  That blue was the closest I could get to the cobalt blue.  They didn't have a gray plaid as a choice.  It works.  


I do like this pattern, except for the wrist bands, but I haven't thought of a better way to put those together yet.  They will work well over mittens and then you can cinch them up.  

Of course, Jalie patterns are well designed and drafted and Elliot didn't want to take his new coat off.  That little monkey.

Thanks for reading!
Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment