About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Itch to Stitch Bellavista Top

Happy weekend all!  
I had some fun with some luscious sweater knit I purchased last summer.  I'd been waiting for the right pattern to come along and decided on this one by Itch to Stitch.  

Itch to Stitch Bellavista Top PDF Sewing Pattern

How cute is this?  That cowl neck and the swing of the top is perfection.  


I barely had enough knit to make this top.  I slightly modified the sleeves but more on that later. 



This pattern, as with all Itch to Stitch patterns, are exceptionally well drafted.  I made ZERO alterations to this.  



I made a muslin and decided I needed some additional bust room, but honestly after getting this created, I decided for my final garment I didn't need to make that adjustment.  


This is an instant gratification project.  It literally takes only a few hours, start to finish, to create it.



For the hems and shoulder seams, I used SewKeysE hem tape.  Wonderful stuff!  
I highly recommend this pattern!  So cute, so stylish, so easy!


As you can see in the photo above, I slightly modified the cuff on this.  I tried to give it a slight bell shape but it doesn't flare as much as I would have liked.  I might end up making those cuffs non-flared, if that makes sense.  


Thanks for reading!
Sue 







 

3 comments: