About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Brasov Wrap top meets leopard!

This is my first go at an Itch to Stitch pattern and I must say I am quite smitten!  Are you familiar with Itch to Stitch?  Image result for Images Brasov Wrap top

I found this pattern on Pattern Review and had to purchase it.  It was easy to tape together and sewing it was a breeze!  

Normally I shy away from wrap tops.  Being fuller busted, they simply aren't work appropriate and more importantly, I don't feel very comfortable wearing them.  Albeit I certainly haven't spent a great deal of time fitting them properly so they would be work appropriate.  Anyhoo, I digress.  Let's get back to the pattern!

There are 20 steps to this pattern all of which are necessary and well-explained.  A beginner with some experience sewing knits should be able to stitch this up with good results.  What is essential to this top is to mark all the pleats and markings well so you match everything up precisely.



Simple, right?

My fabric is a knit made by Stof.  If you've read my blog lately, you'll know that I drool over this maker.  These knits are so soft on your skin, substantial for garments with some shape, and wash/dry superbly!  

I so enjoyed putting this together and I see more in my future!  


Sorry the above photo is a bit blurry.  That is the stitch I use on my Bernina 430 for hemming.  My coverstitch has been in time-out so long I should consider selling it, especially with the great result I get with this stitch and a few others on my regular machine.  

Thanks for reading!
Sue





7 comments:

  1. Really really pretty, Sue. And I love your spooky nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost NEVER buy PDF patterns - I have a few free ones and a couple of others but when this pattern was released by Itch to Stitch I broke down :) I have yet to make it up but seeing yours I'm very inspired to get on that! Beautiful top on all fronts - style, fit is brilliant. I love Stof and Stil as well. Excellent quality :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks nice and very work appropriate. Can I ask where you buy your Story knits? I have heard several mention this brand. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I came here to ask the same question! Where do you buy Stof fabric?

      Delete
  4. Very cute and unlike other wrap tops it looks like you can wear it in the cold seasons without a cold breeze going down the neckline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Thank You for all the photos. I might need to add that pattern to my hoard....and sew it too!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty print, and I love how this pattern has a higher neckline. The fit looks really great on you! I shy away from wrap tops/dresses for the opposite reason. I've been all over the place for years with pregnancy and nursing, but my norm is smaller busted, so wraps are always flopping and gaping uncomfortably. I need to reread Trena's (The Slapdash Sewist) posts about the adjustment she makes for wraps and do some experimenting. I'm determined that this will be the year of the wrap for me!

    ReplyDelete