About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, October 22, 2017

The year of the sleeve with a twist! Simplicity 8340

The year of the sleeve, I have so enjoyed you!  Just because it is fall it doesn't mean that sleeves can't still be cool, right?  I decided to use this Simplicity pattern, 8340, to make a fun sleeve with cute little ties just above the wrist.  
Image result for images Simplicity 8340

However, since it is the year of the sleeve, I decided to embroider mine with a fairly recent purchase from Anita Goodesign.  The two designs I used were from the feather collection.  I had a lot of fun stitching these out.  




This is a great-fitting shirt.  It is just long enough for my 5'7".  It is plenty roomy.  Normally I make a FBA but didn't feel it was necessary with the over-sized fit of this top.    I used coconut shell buttons I purchased from Fashion Sewing Supply.  I love how the color stands out from the dark blue, lightweight denim I used.


Here is a close-up of one of the embroidery designs I choose for a sleeve.  I really wanted a fall-ish theme and choose the colors above to accomplish what I had in my head.  


I am not so sure I should be wearing a top like this with leggings.  DH thinks it is a fine look on me, but I am not so certain.


Aren't those sleeve ties just cute?  They are super easy to make as well!  


Here is the design on the other sleeve.  I think this makes a fun fall top.

What are you sewing to celebrate the year of the sleeve?  

Thanks for reading and I love your comments!
Sue

5 comments:

  1. Nice and you are right Sleeves any way you want them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it with leggings. Yes vote from me on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Your feathers are beautiful! Also, just yesterday I was searching for an oversized shirt pattern - this is perfect! And you look great in those leggings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking top. The embroidery and tie cuffs are right on trend. Another yes vote on the leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through sewing pattern review. Another vote yes on the outfit! The shirt came out lovely - I have the pattern and now have some inspiration for it. And it looks great on you with the leggings.

    ReplyDelete