About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Monday, August 28, 2017

Loose-fitting Simplicity 1106

I love the shape of this top.  Not sure it is the most flattering on me, but then again, some days I am all about comfort.

Here is the pattern I used:

Image result for Simplicity 1106

I like all the views, but I was really drawn to B for some reason.  So that is the one I made.


This pretty fabric is a crinkly woven from Fabric.com.  The colors are so vibrant and it sewed really well, despite the crinkles. 


I made a medium in this top without an FBA.  I did make a sloping shoulder adjustment and swayback adjustment.


This is plenty loose-fitting without looking sloppy.  It could if you don't think about your fabric choice.  


My only minor gripe about this pattern is what you see at the center of the back neckline.  See how it wants to roll a bit?  I very carefully trimmed, graded, and notched my seam allowances.  I also edge-stitched it to keep it from rolling.  Dang.


I really like the subtle shaping of the neckline.  And you also get a better look at the fabric with its vibrant colors.


That little slit in the sleeve is pretty cute as well.  

Thanks for reading!  I hope you are getting some great sewing makes done this month!
Sue 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's very flattering-it does look comfortable too, but more dressed up and feminine than a tee. I'm betting you'll get a lot of use from it! I've seen this pattern and looked at it but honestly I think I like it better now that I've seen it on a "real" person. (as in not the pattern model! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty...and it is very flattering. Great top.

    ReplyDelete