About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Cleo Dress by StyleArc

What took me so long to purchase this pattern?  The classic style is enough to realize you need this in your wardrobe.

This basic knit dress will become be a great staple in your wardrobe

This is the Cleo Knit Dress by StyleArc.  It has optional front and back darts and a V neckline with a neckband.  You can also make this sleeveless.


Ignore the sort of sneer on my face.  My photographer snaps many photos and of this angle, this was the best.  :)  


This one shows how I feel about this dress!  This is a Nicole Miller knit from JoAnns.  The quality was great and it is a lycra blend.  I believe it is cotton/poly/lycra.


I love this print.  It reminds me of a cross between tire tracks, Aztec print, and some sort of reptile.


And here DH caught me not smiling but in sort of motion to turn.  He really likes telling me to turn, etc.  :)  

I opted to not do the darts.  This is pretty fitted anyway and since I plan on wearing this to work and church, darts didn't appeal to me.  


Darts would however make this fit like a glove.


I am really happy with how the neckline turned out.  I always stabilize my neckline with Staytape by Dritz.  Next, I attach the neckband, turn to the inside, press and then topstitch from the right side.  


For the sleeve and lower hems, I decided to use a twin needle on my regular machine.  


I really love this dress.  The hubby complimented me numerous times and so did several other men and women at church today.  Isn't is just the bomb to sew your own clothing?  You can make it completely your own.  

Thanks for reading!
Sue 

















4 comments:

  1. Great dress -great fit & deserving of many compliments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress. The longer length is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress! And you're so right this is the sort of wardrobe basic you end up almost wearing to threads. The fit is fantastic but I like the idea of front and back darts as well for more shaping. I often end up adding my own to a pattern so the fact they are included is a total bonus!

    ReplyDelete