About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Esme top by StyleArc

I love my new top!  I've read some great reviews about the StyleArc Esme top and seen some great makes but when I pulled the pattern out to create it, I thought, this is just a boxy top--no shape, nothing special--but then I made it and I must say I am quite smitten with it!  

Esme Designer Top - Sizes 10, 12, 14 - Women's Top PDF Sewing Pattern by Style Arc - Sewing Project - Digital Pattern

So moral of the story is, sometimes patterns aren't what they appear to be.  



                       





Isn't this knit just cute?  It has a gold metalic design running through it.  



I love everything about this top: the wide hems, the split sides, the split back neckline/collar, and fit.  Sorry about the indoor photos but it was 25 degrees F today with a wind child of 4.  I might be a hearty South Dakotan but I just wasn't feeling the outdoors today.

5 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that folks aren't posting comments much anymore, which could be disheartening, so you should know that every post you make is read and appreciated here. You have a passion and drive that is enviable, and since I'm your doppelgänger (or vise versa), when I love it on you it gets made here in Idaho for me. It's understandable that you don't stand outside at 4 degrees, it's not teeshirt weather until it hits 32. People here look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about our life back in Minnesota. Trying to explain that after months of below freezing temps, 32 degrees plus sunshine bouncing off the 2 or 3 feet of beautiful snow, meant big smiles and outside in just a tee for the first time of the year. It's a dry freeze, right? Anyway, that pattern and shirt will be MINE, I tell you. Thanks again for the motivation, which is in no way an easy or enviable task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie, you've made my day! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. Another lovely Esme. I love this pattern and I have made it three times so far. That collar is just gorgeous. I like your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely. I love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really looks great! This pattern is next in my queue, I'll have to get on and make it!!! It seems that every time I am researching reviews for a pattern I am interested in making, I see that you have made it so thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete