About Me

My photo
Sewing is therapy for me. I hoard fabric, patterns, notions, and spend more time shopping for fabric than I care to admit...

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Esme top by StyleArc

I love my new top!  I've read some great reviews about the StyleArc Esme top and seen some great makes but when I pulled the pattern out to create it, I thought, this is just a boxy top--no shape, nothing special--but then I made it and I must say I am quite smitten with it!  

Esme Designer Top - Sizes 10, 12, 14 - Women's Top PDF Sewing Pattern by Style Arc - Sewing Project - Digital Pattern

So moral of the story is, sometimes patterns aren't what they appear to be.  



                       





Isn't this knit just cute?  It has a gold metalic design running through it.  



I love everything about this top: the wide hems, the split sides, the split back neckline/collar, and fit.  Sorry about the indoor photos but it was 25 degrees F today with a wind child of 4.  I might be a hearty South Dakotan but I just wasn't feeling the outdoors today.

5 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that folks aren't posting comments much anymore, which could be disheartening, so you should know that every post you make is read and appreciated here. You have a passion and drive that is enviable, and since I'm your doppelgänger (or vise versa), when I love it on you it gets made here in Idaho for me. It's understandable that you don't stand outside at 4 degrees, it's not teeshirt weather until it hits 32. People here look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about our life back in Minnesota. Trying to explain that after months of below freezing temps, 32 degrees plus sunshine bouncing off the 2 or 3 feet of beautiful snow, meant big smiles and outside in just a tee for the first time of the year. It's a dry freeze, right? Anyway, that pattern and shirt will be MINE, I tell you. Thanks again for the motivation, which is in no way an easy or enviable task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely Esme. I love this pattern and I have made it three times so far. That collar is just gorgeous. I like your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really looks great! This pattern is next in my queue, I'll have to get on and make it!!! It seems that every time I am researching reviews for a pattern I am interested in making, I see that you have made it so thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete